Exam Preparation Resources
Science of Teaching Reading Exam Information
Beginning January 1, 2021, per State Law, all teachers certified in EC-8 areas which include English Language Arts and Reading will require an additional exam titled Science of Teaching Reading.
- Core Subjects EC-6
- English Language Arts, Reading, Social Studies 4-8
- English Language Arts, Reading 4-8
The Preparation Manual for Science of Teaching Reading (293) is now available on the Texas Educator Certification Examination Program website.
This preparation manual includes:
- The STR examination framework
- Approaches to answering different question types
- Sample selected-response questions
- In-depth rationales for correct and incorrect responses
- A sample constructed response question, including the video exhibit
- Sample strong and weak constructed-responses and rationales
- A list of preparation resources
For information about the STR exam, including related certificate requirements, content of the exam, and webinars and other support resources, visit the Texas Education Agency website.