Professional Certification Disclosure
- Acceptance to EPP Program
- EPP Provides Coursework & Training
- Get Approved for Content Exams
- Senior Methods Semester
- Get Approved for Pedagogy & Professional Responsibility Exam
- Clinical Teaching Semester
- Apply for Standard Certificate & Complete Fingerprinting
- Receive Bachelor’s Degree
- EPP Recommends Candidate for Standard Certificate
Content Exam Policy
Students must pass their primary content exam(s) during their last semester before clinical teaching. Failure to pass will result in denial to student and clinical teaching.
Pedagogy & Professional Responsibilities (PPR) Exam
During the student clinical teaching semester, register and attempt the PPR exam.
At the end of the clinical teaching semester, our office will review that you have completed all requirements:
You will receive an email notification from the Texas Education Agency if approved. Your certificate will be available online in your TEA profile.
The recommendation process may take up to 3-4 weeks after graduation to complete.
TExES Testing Policy for Former Students
Former students may request test approvals for initial certification from the Certification Office up to one year after the date of graduation. Any student requesting approval beyond one year after graduation will be required to successfully complete additional preparation materials before test approval will be granted.